[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 5 14:12:59 PDT 2014

On Friday, 3 October 2014 at 11:25:59 UTC, eles wrote:
> Debian and Debian-based asks you to confirm file overwrite
> (usually, the diff is displayed too).

Isn't it the same package manager? It should be able to do the
same on mint. Or may be fstab can be copied somewhere and then
back at some point?

On Sunday, 5 October 2014 at 08:54:46 UTC, eles wrote:
> Linux Mint, starting from version 17, marks a departure from
> previous releases (this is why you migh have encountered
> difficulties in upgrading) by keeping the same code base
> (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) for the next 5 years. So, during this time,
> it will basically be a rolling-distribution, as some software
> will get updated just as regular (security fixes etc.) happens.

Truly rolling or only security updates?
Well, I'm ok with a fresh install. But can it run under the
target linux itself? Or rather what to run from the disk? Since
mint4win installation is a virtual disk, I'm not sure the
installer will find it gracefully, they're usually
partition-oriented. Not sure if this eliminates problem with
fstab though.