[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 10:19:30 PDT 2014

On 10/6/14 12:10 PM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 15:06:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> On 10/2/14 3:42 AM, Kagamin wrote:
>>>
>>> No idea.
>>
>> I use Linux Mint, I believe I upgraded once *. I don't think it was
>> complex, just an upgrade through the standard UI for updates.
>>
>> * Note: I have a bad memory when it comes to things like this :)
>
> Mint always supported upgrades between LTS releases. There were no
> upgrades between non-LTS releases, which were basically just
> bit-more-stable betas. That's changed now as posted above, Mint 14.04 to
> 15.10 (and possibly longer) will be seamlessly upgradable release to
> release as Mint gradually diverges away from its Ubuntu base. 16.04 may
> be a reset, or they may continue to diverge further, or they may move
> fully to Debian; but they'll probably still have an upgrade path as it
> will be an LTS.

Hm.. I think I had Linux Mint 12, and I upgraded to 13 (not the LTS
version).

Maybe it wasn't so seamless, as I said I have a bad memory.

-Steve