D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 7 15:22:22 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  6 de October a las 10:40 me escribiste:
> On 10/6/14, 10:29 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> >>
> >>This is awesome. I recall Don had some solid performance numbers for
> >>it in his talk, do you have any in the context of D2? -- Andrei
> >
> >No, I didn't get to running any perf test so far. Did PR as soon as test
> >suite passes and commits looked sane. Will do eventually. Any specific
> >project you are interested in?
> >
> >I'd love to see the impact on vibe.d but it is subject to
> >threading/malloc issue right now.
>
> vibe.d would be great to test. Generally any realistic project would
> be relevant. -- Andrei

Probably projects needing low latency are the ones that will benefit the
most. Although I was surprised by the results even with single-threaded
applications when I did my performance tests back in the days, which got
a considerable performance boost in multi-cores, as suddenly you
application becomes automatically parallelized (now your program can run
in parallel with the collector while before they were serialized).

Anyway, we'd love to hear about any numbers people can collect :-)