D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 7 15:27:20 PDT 2014

Walter Bright, el  7 de October a las 13:06 me escribiste:
> On 10/6/2014 9:51 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> >https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/985
>
> Thank you. This is great progress!
>
> I understand the caveats, but can this be put into a shape where it
> can be pulled despite being a work in progress? I.e. have the code
> be disabled by default? That will help encourage the community to
> help out with the gaps.

Yes, I think that's the best approach too. Ideally this should be
configurable at runtime as Marting suggested, so ANYONE can try it with
their applications by just running it like this:
D_GC=concurrent=1 ./myapp

Then bugs can be filled more easily and people can work on fixing them
more easily too. At some point I'd like to see the current GC and the
concurrent GC merged, the concurrent GC already support disabling the
concurrency. Both GCs diverged with time and both have (different)
improvements over the common parent, and it will be a shame to lose any
of them.