D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 7 23:58:25 PDT 2014

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 17:18:18 -0700
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> That's a good idea, but I hate environment variables affecting all D
> executables. They always wind up being inadvertently being left on,
> or off, or set for some unrelated purpose. It also would affect all D
> executables on the system, potentially making a big mess.
maybe enable envvar-control in alphas/betas and disable in releases?
this way people who want to try something new can experiment, but those
who need stability will not be affected. after all, those who using
alphas/betas knows what they're doing and are aware of possible
problems.

i assume that not everyone are ready to build dmd from sources, yet
many people are ready to try new features, so they can download and
install separate alpha/beta to play with.