D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 8 10:39:06 PDT 2014

On 10/8/2014 12:43 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> I think this is an unjustified fear, there are already many environment
> variables that can affect your program. That's why they are called...
> environment variables :)

Being on the front lines of tech support for 30 years, it is not an unjustified
fear nor a hypothetical problem.

What you could do is propose a "secret" switch to all dmd generated programs
that the druntime switch checks before main() gets control, such as:

     app --druntimeSet=usexxx ...the regular app args ...