D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 02:41:34 PDT 2014

On 10/10/2014 12:37 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> It was my impression that phobos in a shared library would soon become the
> default on linux, i.e. any application would use it by default. In that case,
> all supported GCs might actually have to be included in the shared library.
>
> The options to embed into the application are used to get the best performance
> for the specific task using any GC available through the shared library. That
> could include enabling/disabling preciseness, tweaking initial pool sizes and
> increase strategy or disabling the final collection that even runs if the GC is
> disabled (and might be useful only for a very limited number of application).

If there were multiple GCs, I suspect that having each GC in its own shared
library would be a better option than lumping them all in one.

But currently (!) I think the use for switching GCs between the concurrent and
non-concurrent one is simply for evaluation purposes.