Despiker 0.1: a GUI real-time profiler for game development

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 16:55:02 PDT 2014

Announcing Despiker, a GUI real time profiler for game development

This is is a visualizer for the Tharsis.prof frame-based profiler
library.
Profiling with writeln turned out to be unintuitive, so I ended
up making
a GUI.

* Shows a graph of overhead in a frame
* Updates in real time as the profiled program (game) runs
* Can pause to look at the current frame
* Can browse/jump frames, jump to the worst frame.

The GUI is still a bit inconvenient (need slow-motion replay and
minimap
to efficiently browse), but it got to the point where it's usable.

Note: this is still unstable and I'm not likely to spend much
time on it
in the following months (as I need to work on the project I wrote
this
for in the first place.)

GitHub:
   https://github.com/kiith-sa/despiker/issues/16