D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

dennis luehring via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 21:43:24 PDT 2014

Am 11.10.2014 06:25, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 10/10/14, 7:54 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 10/10/2014 5:45 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>>> I still don't understand why wouldn't we use environment variables for
>>> what they've been created for, it's foolish :-)
>>
>> Because using environment variables to tune program X will also affect
>> programs A-Z.
>
> Nope. Try this at your Unix command prompt:
>
> echo $CRAP
> CRAP=hello echo $CRAP
> CRAP=world echo $CRAP

in windows there are user-environment-variables (walter talking about)
and shell-environment variables (like in your example)
setting user-environement variables will affect every program
thats why java is not using them