Interview with Andrei Alexandrescu on the D Programming Language

Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 11 06:51:47 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 13:07:42 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 11:31:12 UTC, Sergei Nosov
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 09:21:21 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdoIJaPooI
>>>
>>> On reddit:
>>>
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2iws85/interview_with_andrei_alexandrescu_on_the_d/
>>
>> Andrei mentions in this talk, that C++ support is implemented
>> the extent, when you can pass std::vector from C++ to D and in
>> the opposite direction without friction.
>>
>> Are the any pointers on how I can try it out? Like, is it in
>> git
>> master? Where can I find a documentation or an article about
>> that?
>>

> I got interested in the very same part.

Take a look here [1] and here [2]
You must use the current git master (Digger [3] can help you with
an easy build of it).

Note that some template mangling are still broken, and there are
problems with the pass-by-ref, but, well, somehow it works!

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/test/runnable/cppa.d
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/test/runnable/extra-files/cppb.cpp
https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger

---