D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 12 04:15:25 PDT 2014

Walter Bright, el 11 de October a las 16:39 me escribiste:
> On 10/11/2014 3:59 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >You can use different mechanisms in different OSs. There is no need to
> >force a runtime to be OS-independent. If that were the case, then we
> >should close the concurrent GC pull request now.
>
> I still don't see why it can't use a special argument to the C main() function.

You can, but as someone said, sometimes you don't have control over how
the program is started or there is no main. Is not the most general
mechanism.