D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Mathias LANG via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 23 06:13:05 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 23 October 2014 at 11:03:35 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 October 2014 at 09:57:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Uh, what will it link to? extern(C) function like gc_malloc?
>> druntime links to those statically itself so you will get
>> application that links to different GC than druntime itself.
>
> The reason is CDGC provides symbols like gc_malloc and after
> that the linker has no reason to pull default GC from the
> library: it doesn't pull what's not necessary.

It will clash at best, or just ignore cdgc, as objects are
considered as a whole, in link order.

Now, if druntime defines gc_alloc, it won't link. You have to
extract all conflicting symbols out of druntime.

However, one could provide a full druntime patched with CDGC as a
dub module, and that might work, I suppose.