D2 port of Sociomantic CDGC available for early experiments

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 29 20:02:27 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 at 18:25:00 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> I'm benchmarking my Windows version of a concurrent GC with it.
> It does quite a lot of allocations, and this is causing some
> serious trouble because marking cannot compete with the rate of
> allocation, causing some tests to allocate a lot of memory,
> slowing down marking even more. I'm still looking for a
> solution...

Well ultimatively you got to throttle your mutators to a
throughput that the GC can handle. That's actually a nice thing
about the forking GC, the mutator has to pay for the COW page
faults, so there is some built-in throttling.
How does your GC work?