DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.3

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 3 02:08:07 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 19:46:32 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> I just released a new version of DVM, 0.4.3. The biggest news
> for this release is that both 32 and 64bit libraries are
> supported simultaneously. Now DVM will just copy the platform
> specific directory without messing with the directory structure.
>
> This release fixes a critical bug that made it not possible to
> install new compilers.
>
> Also building using Dub is supported. I'm going to wait a bit
> to add to code.dlang.org because Dub head is required.
>
> For pre-compiled binaries and changelog (or below) see:
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm/releases/tag/v0.4.3
>
> For those not familiar with DVM:
>
> DVM allows you to easily download and install D compilers and
> manage different versions of the compilers.
>
> Changelog:
>
> Version 0.4.3
>   New/Changed Features
>    * Add support for Dub
>    * Since issue 23 has been fixed this means that now both 32
> and 64bit libraries are supported simultaneously
>
>   Bugs Fixed
>    * Fix issue "unexpected redirect for method GET"
>    * Issue 23: Leave DMD directory structure as-is

If I install dmd 2.066 with dvm, it won't overwrite or change
anything? I'll soon be moving my code from 2.065 to 2.066, but I
want to keep 2.065 around for a while to maintain existing code
till the transition is complete. And how do I integrate it with
dub?