DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.3

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 01:40:34 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 06:06:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 03/09/14 21:58, Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> For what it's worth, if you do "dvm install 2.065.0" it will
>> find
>> it.  Not sure if DVM should try alternates or not though.
>
> I've seen this mistake several times, missing the extra zero at
> the end. Perhaps adding a special case for that.

Weird, I did try the zero at the end (as described on the
homepage*), yet I got an error. Maybe I typed a comma instead of
a "." without realizing it. However, I'm almost sure I didn't
type the zero when installing 2.066 and I got the right version.

If you've seen this mistake several times, maybe it would be good
to point it out under "Usage". And maybe having/trying more than
one mirror would be good too, if it makes sense for DVM.

* https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm