Dutyl - a Vim plugin for running D tools

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 03:39:33 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 05:58:19 UTC, Thomas Mader wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better if all this functionality you build in a
> vim only solution be integrated into DCD instead?
> This way all sorts of compilers and maybe IDEs would benefit
> from it and AFAIK there is already a request for DCD to add dub
> support.

I already suggested it to Brian a year ago. That was his answer:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/icfphxuqhctbqnlgliop@forum.dlang.org#post-fxtqrnpshsnrpiumkzmh:40forum.dlang.org

That was before DUB became the (de-facto) official build system
so he might change his mind, but right now Dutyl actually
benefits from DCD's lack of DUB support, since it means you can
rely on manual configured file for non-DUB projects.