[Mono-D] v2.1.18 Parser/Completion/General fixes&improvements

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 14:41:30 PDT 2014

On 14/08/2014 08:05, Alex wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 August 2014 at 21:29:01 UTC, Damian Day wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 13 August 2014 at 14:16:18 UTC, Alex wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> it's been quite some while ago that I posted a Mono-D release
>>> announcement on to D.announce :)
>>>
>>> You should've noticed that the installation instruction stuff has
>>> been moved to
>>> the D wiki - http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D
>>>
>>> There have been several fixes and smaller improvements since the last
>>> bunch of bug fix releases.
>>> Detailed release notes can be taken from the wiki entry.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Alex
>>
>> Have you considered integrating some of Brian Schotts work?
>> Perhaps an option to pick an engine DCD or DParser.
>> I'm particularly interested in dscanner integration myself :)
>
> In theory, it should be possible if the IPC between the dcd
> client&server is not too tricky to handle (or is it indeed just a
> command call? -- But then I had to save a file first to be able to get
> completion for nearly each keystroke..ugh).

Why is that ugh? You don't have to save the file on each keystroke, just
when completion is invoked, right?

Even taking the issue of code completion out of the picture, I've
recently come to realize that implicit save of IDE files might be good
thing on its own, from a UI paradigm perspective (see this comment
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lrvna6$2btb$1@digitalmars.com). I saw this
first hand when I tried IntelliJ for the first time a few months ago. It
actually struck me as a really nice paradigm, especially so for IDEs,
which usually keep a modification history of files already.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros