[Mono-D] v2.1.18 Parser/Completion/General fixes&improvements

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 16:23:33 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 22:05:35 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
wrote:
> BTW, what is the relation of dscanner to DCD? Or more
> precisely, why are they separate tools?..

Originally there was just dscanner. One of the things that it did
was autocomplete. It wasn't very good at this for a variety of
reasons. One of them was that being a plain command-line tool, it
had to re-parse EVERYTHING every time you asked for autocomplete.

Over time I split the project three ways: The parser/lexer/ast is
now libdparse, the autocomplete functionality is in DCD, and
static analysis and other stuff is in dscanner.