[Mono-D] v2.1.18 Parser/Completion/General fixes&improvements

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 4 23:32:41 PDT 2014

On 05/09/14 00:05, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> True, but I'm now convinced that most likely, an IDE/editor architecture
> where most (if not all) of semantic analysis and operations are
> performed by an external tool, is the way forward. (Steve Teale made a
> case for this in a post quite some time ago, I wasn't that convinced
> then, but I am now)

Perhaps I'm nitpicking but an external tools doesn't sound like a good
idea. A completely separate library that can be shared among tools and
be integrated into an IDE, absolutely yes. But not a tool.

--
/Jacob Carlborg