DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.3

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 5 02:32:06 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 18:24:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2014-09-04 10:40, Chris wrote:
>
>> Weird, I did try the zero at the end (as described on the
>> homepage*),
>> yet I got an error. Maybe I typed a comma instead of a "."
>> without
>> realizing it. However, I'm almost sure I didn't type the zero
>> when
>> installing 2.066 and I got the right version.
>
> DVM just takes the argument you give it, in this case 2.066.
> Then it prepends "dmd." and appends ".zip" forming something
> like this:
>
> dmd.2.066.zip
>
> Then it prepends "ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/" to that filename.
> If there is a file matching that name in the Digital Mars FTP
> it will work. As you can see, there is no file named
> "dmd.2.066.zip", so you must have used "2.066.0".

Chances are I did, yeah. It's hard to remember later what I typed
exactly once the shell is closed. Would there be a way to
download the latest version by default, if the user types
"install 2.066" or just "install [dmd]"? If there isn't, what
could be done on the dmd side of things to facilitate this? DVM
is a pretty handy tool, but it still has some rough edges. I
think it could one day be part of a D Development Framework
(DDF). Please keep it up.