Dutyl - a Vim plugin for running D tools

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 7 13:07:18 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 18:14:33 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 19:38:44 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
>> Version 1.1.0 is out now. It provides the :DUjump command for
>> jumping to the declaration of the symbol under the cursor. If
>> DCD is not running, Dscanner will be used instead. You can
>> also give :DUjump the symbol as an argument - in this case
>> it'll always use Dscanner(since DCD only supports getting the
>> symbol by byte position).
>>
>> GitHub repo: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl
>> vim.org page:
>> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5003
>
> Can DUjump be set to open in a new window (internal to vim, not
> a new instance of vim)? For an example of why this would be
> better: you can't currently use DUjump if the file has unsaved
> changes.

Sure, no problem, I'll get to it in the next release.

To be consistent with other Vim commands I'm gonna add :DUsjump
and DUvjump for jumping in new windows.

I also plan on adding the bang option - :DUjump!(and it's split
variants) - which will force it to use Dscanner even if DCD is
running. I find that sometimes it's becoming too complicated for
DCD to follow the declarations chain all the way to the source,
and Dscanner - which gets the symbol from the command line
arguments instead of a getting a byte position in a file -
performs better. Even if it can't filter to find the exact
declaration that I'm looking for, it displays multiple options
that the one I'm looking for is among them, which is better than
DCD that can't follow the entire chain and finds nothing.