438-byte "Hello, world" Win32 EXE in D

Don via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 03:20:43 PDT 2014

On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 08:18:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 08:08:23 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> But that downloaded file is bloatware, because it has to
>> implement functionality, which is not provided by the system.
>> That tiny pe file doesn't download anything, it's completely
>> done by the system.
>
> Yeah…
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/284797/hello-world-in-less-than-20-bytes

My personal best --

At my first job, a customer once made a request for a very simple
DOS utility. They did mention that they didn't have much disk
space on their machine, so they asked me to try to make the
program small.
That was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Naturally, I wrote it
in asm.
The final executable size was 15 bytes. <g>
The customer loved it.