[Mono-D] v2.1.18 Parser/Completion/General fixes&improvements

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 06:46:05 PDT 2014

On 05/09/2014 00:23, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 22:05:35 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> BTW, what is the relation of dscanner to DCD? Or more precisely, why
>> are they separate tools?..
>
> Originally there was just dscanner. One of the things that it did was
> autocomplete. It wasn't very good at this for a variety of reasons. One
> of them was that being a plain command-line tool, it had to re-parse
> EVERYTHING every time you asked for autocomplete.
>
> Over time I split the project three ways: The parser/lexer/ast is now
> libdparse, the autocomplete functionality is in DCD, and static analysis
> and other stuff is in dscanner.

The reason I ask is because there seems to be some functionality only
present in dscanner that would be useful for IDEs too, such as "dscanner
--declaration"

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros