"Programming in D" book, "User Defined Attributes (UDA)" chapter

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 17:04:24 PDT 2014

On 09/09/2014 04:38 PM, Olivier Henley wrote:

 > Blurb has a number of pages limitation that would require a two volumes
 > release of your book. :/ Lulu can make it to 740 pages. CreateSpace
 > offers packages up to 828 pages.

Page count can change simply by changing the font size. ;)

 > I found this post interesting:

http://www.cnet.com/news/self-publishing-a-book-25-things-you-need-to-know/

Thank you. I had read that before and I have it bookmarked to be read again.

 > Otherwise did you contact any publisher?

My only contact was in 2011 with Addison Wesley through Andrei. He had
relayed my interest to his editor and had learned that "the field of
general programming introduction is very crowded."

They and other publishers may think differently as the book has become a
little more like a language reference as well.

As an update, I have already tied many loose ends. I am currently
changing the operator overloading chapter to include the more proper
multi-dimensional indexing and slicing that came with 2.066.

Ali