438-byte "Hello, world" Win32 EXE in D

dcrepid via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 16 05:33:24 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 16 September 2014 at 00:11:26 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Monday, 15 September 2014 at 21:18:53 UTC, dcrepid wrote:
> You have to build it yourself, run "make -f win64.mak
> MODEL=32mscoff" in Druntime and Phobos source directories.

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, I didn't want 64-bit
library/object files so I had to modify the make files to point
to the VC2010 32-bit compilers (Win64.mak points to the amd64
folders, so I'm a bit concerned now - did you really create a
win32 or win64 exe?).

However, I was able to make the druntime libraries with 32-bit
coff libs. The phobos library failed to create though, and I had
to manipulate the zlib make files as well to get that lib created.
And after all that, now I keep getting these messages:
std\stdio.d(35): Error: module std.c.stdio import 'FHND_WCHAR'
not found
std\stdio.d(35): Error: module std.c.stdio import 'FHND_TEXT' not
found

I checked all the libraries are there, set DM_HOME, the VC
environment variables, put the DMD and DMC bin files in the path,
and forced -I includes to point to the right folders, but
something is botched somewhere. Bah, I give up!