438-byte "Hello, world" Win32 EXE in D

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 18 08:28:01 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 04:50:52 UTC, dcrepid wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 20:49:37 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>> Yes, sorry, that was the wrong command. Currently you have to
>> also specify the full paths to the compiler on make's command
>> line. I sent in two pull requests to document and simplify
>> building phobos32mscoff.lib:
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/960
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2526
>
> Thanks, I tried merging the modifications into the
> 'win32mscoff.mak' files I've made, since it seems like there's
> too much hacking to get this to work right, and why not just
> have a 3rd build option that reflects what it really makes?

You mean yet another makefile?

It's onerous enough already to duplicate all makefile changes
across the current set. Yet another makefile for a rarely-used
configuration wouldn't pull its own weight.

> Perhaps this is an issue with the current beta, but I'm not
> experienced enough with make files or versioning etc to make
> that determination.

It sounds like whatever version you have doesn't yet have the
necessary Phobos/Druntime changes. You should try building from
the git version.