Digger 1.0

Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 22 03:50:50 PDT 2014

On 21/09/2014 18:43, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> I tried it on Windows and Digger does an amazing job at installing
> dependencies. I think we should recommend it as the first thing to run
> when trying to get your hands on building dmd/phobos.

+1

> In case someone starts creating patches: Would it be possible to also
> write a batch file into the repository folder to redo a build of dmd,
> druntime and phobos without checking all the dependencies?

Sometimes my Windows machine with 2 GB RAM gets OOM when trying to link
phobos.lib (I have to close most programs and start again), it would be
nice if there was a way to continue a failed build without starting from
scratch.

I also hope there's a way of making the link take less memory, perhaps
by making sub-libraries first and linking those together.

> How about running the test suite?

AFAICT the test suite needs a separate MSYS install from the one Git
uses, e.g. for a newer version of 'diff'. Not sure if that makes it
harder for Digger to support.