DUB 0.9.22 released

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 22 23:22:27 PDT 2014

On 22/09/14 23:04, tn wrote:

> What is the recommended way of versioning bindings? If the binding of
> the target library 1.2.3 is versioned as 1.2.3 and a bug is fixed in the
> binding (no change in the target library), how should the new version of
> the binding for target version 1.2.3 be versioned? Using 1.2.4 is not an
> option because it potentially collides with the binding for the next
> version of the target.

The problem is locking the version of the Dub package to the same
version of the library the bindings are for. In you're example I would
do something like "1.2.3+1.2.3". If you need fix a bug in the bindings
you increment as usual to "1.2.4+1.2.3". Anything after the plus sign is
basically metadata that is ignore by Dub

--
/Jacob Carlborg