DUB 0.9.22 released

tn via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 23 01:08:40 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 06:22:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 22/09/14 23:04, tn wrote:
>
>> What is the recommended way of versioning bindings? If the
>> binding of
>> the target library 1.2.3 is versioned as 1.2.3 and a bug is
>> fixed in the
>> binding (no change in the target library), how should the new
>> version of
>> the binding for target version 1.2.3 be versioned? Using 1.2.4
>> is not an
>> option because it potentially collides with the binding for
>> the next
>> version of the target.
>
> The problem is locking the version of the Dub package to the
> same version of the library the bindings are for. In you're
> example I would do something like "1.2.3+1.2.3". If you need
> fix a bug in the bindings you increment as usual to
> "1.2.4+1.2.3". Anything after the plus sign is basically
> metadata that is ignore by Dub

In your suggestion, once version 1.2.4 of the target library is
released, the first binding version targeting that would then be
1.2.4+1.2.4 or 1.2.5+1.2.4 or what?

And more importantly, how can a user of the binding then depend
on the latest binding version of a specific target library
version (for example the latest bindings for 1.2.3)?