OpenSimplex Noise ported to D

KdotJPG via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 23 20:40:27 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 12:31:12 UTC, MrSmith wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 September 2014 at 02:36:46 UTC, Brian Schott
> wrote:
>> Some of you may have noticed this article posted to
>> /r/programming:
>> http://uniblock.tumblr.com/post/97868843242/noise. I ported
>> the algorithm to D and uploaded it here:
>> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/OpenSimplexNoise-D
>
> Can you also make 2D version, please?

Hey, I'm the original creator of the algorithm. Found this thread
in a Google search :P.

I am planning on releasing both 2D and 4D variants of this
algorithm. The 4D variant is mostly done, and the 2D should take
practically no time at all afterwards.

But if you need 2D noise and you're not pinching for performance,
just take a 2D slice of 3D noise by making one of the variables a
constant. To me, doing that creates a more isotropic appearance
than simply using 2D noise.