[OT Security PSA] Shellshock: Update your bash, now!

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 30 22:14:23 PDT 2014

On 10/01/2014 01:09 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Debian 6: (Including setting up the LTS repos):
> $ sudo cat 'deb http://http.debian.net/debian squeeze-lts main contrib
> non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
> $ sudo cat 'deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian squeeze-lts main
> contrib non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
> $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install bash

Pffft, ok, so I'm a little brain-fried. Obviously those first two lines
should be:

$ sudo echo 'deb http://http.debian.net/debian squeeze-lts main contrib
non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo echo 'deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian squeeze-lts main
contrib non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list

Keep or omit the "non-free" and "contrib" as you wish. Or, you know,
just get off of Debian 6 to say, Debian 7 or something ;)