Dgame RC #1

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 05:44:39 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 09:30:43 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> Just a follow up comment.  Apparently the instructions for
>> installing all libraries at once in the tutorial don't work
>> for OpenSuse.  So I couldn't just install the SDL library but
>> had to install the other libraries individually:
>>
>> So just in case there are any other OpenSuse users out there
>> (note, I suppose I didn't need the devel version of libSDL2
>> ...):
>>
>> sudo zypper in libSDL2-devel
>> sudo zypper in libSDL2_image-2_0-0
>> sudo zypper in libSDL2_mixer-2_0-0
>> sudo zypper in libSDL2_ttf-2_0-0
>
> I will add this to the installation tutorial. Unfortunately I
> did not tested Dgame with OpenSUSE, sorry for your trouble.

No worries, you can't test everything, and OpenSUSE isn't as
popular as some other distros.  Also, I guess OpenSUSE isn't
going to work with default libs anyway because of the versions.

I am going to build SDL from scratch and install.  I've
downloaded 2.0.3, so I should be good to go.

Thanks Namespace and Mike for your help.