Reggae v0.0.5 super alpha: A build system in D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 5 05:22:13 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 5 April 2015 at 12:17:09 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 19:59:46 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> We need solutions that can be reasonably implemented with
>> existing resources, not perfect solutions. Storing IR in
>> object files and using custom linker is "correct" approach for
>> WPO but it is currently unaffordable.
>
> Works for me with llvm toolchain.

Unless LDC does some D specific WPO magic I am not aware of this
is not what your original statement was about.

>> I am not aware of any solutions based on coding style.
>
> Not sure what you mean, reliance on attribute hell is a coding
> style. You can look at any language, which has no such problem.

Erm. Either it is coding style issue or a language issue. Pick
one. Only coding style for D I am aware of that deals with
attribute hell is "ignore most attributes" which is hardly
solution. Please give any specific example to back your point.