dsource.org moved

Stewart Gordon via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 17 14:34:06 PDT 2015

On 17/04/2015 02:19, lobo wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 23:32:17 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
>> I don't understand - how would an average member of the D community get into the DMD
>> package on dlang.org in order to apply these updates?
>

> Get DMD, Druntime and Phobos and build them:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

Why would one need to build DMD in order to make changes to a set of API bindings?

> Make your changes and test.
>
> Contribute your changes back to D using pull requests.
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Pull_Requests

Has Walter promised us that every pull request for the WindowsAPI bindings will be put in
right away?

Even if he had, what would be the point?  It would greatly slow down the whole process.
We have SVN repositories so that people can just put their updates straight in, and
everyone else not only has access to the update straight away but can obtain it with
either a one-line command line invocation or a few mouse clicks.  The only problem is that
the SVN server that is currently hosting the bindings doesn't work properly.  We already
have a potential solution: moving it across to Github.  As such, I'm going to see if I can
figure out how to do this.

Stewart.

--
My email address is valid but not my primary mailbox and not checked regularly.  Please
keep replies on the 'group where everybody may benefit.