dsource.org moved

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 22 00:20:13 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-22 00:06, Stewart Gordon wrote:

> One of the comments there: "Or you make your repository public, then
> everyone (who is not a collaborator) has read-only access"
>
> And everyone who _is_ a collaborator has what?

Push access (svn would call this commit access). I don't think
collaborators have access to the settings of the project thought.
Perhaps that is dependent on what role the collaborator has.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_%28software_development%29
> implies that a fork is a divergent development branch - a separate copy
> of the project that has no ongoing link to the original.  Is the Git
> concept of a fork different?

If you're forking a project on Github you get your own copy of the
project. The projects are linked but the repositories are not. What I
mean by that is on your fork you'll see that it is a fork with a link
back to the original project. From the original project you can also
view all forks.

The repositories are not linked in the sense that there's no automatic
syncing of code between them. The fork needs to manually pull from the
original repository to get the latest changes.

--
/Jacob Carlborg