Release D 2.068.0

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 09:38:26 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 15:41:39 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
Scherkl wrote:
> Maybe the state should reflect this progress better, because
> these 3000 open and unassigned bug give a much worse impression
> of the state of D than the language really is in.
> People get easy turned away from D by that look, which I think
> would be easy to avoid.

Yeah, we don't really make use of the ASSIGNED status. Maybe we
should.

I assigned the issues for which I have open pull requests to
myself. But that's only 3 issues. I don't know how to get the
heavy hitters to be more attentive in that regard.

I guess whenever one makes a pull request to fix an issue, the
issue can be considered to be assigned to them. You could go
through everything and assign issues to PR makers, but that'd be
quite some legwork.