DerelictCocoa

ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 14 04:19:53 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 18:21:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I had a quick look at the implementation. You're not using the
> objc_msgSend_* family of functions correctly. That's one of the
> main reasons why extern(Objective-C) was implemented. I
> strongly recommend you adapting extern(Objective-C) instead. At
> least read the commit message [1] for the commit which
> implements extern(Objective-C). It explains how objc_msgSend_*
> works.
>
> I can provide more detail if necessary.

Hi Jacob,

I'd be interested by an email or IRC conversation about this. How
best to contact you?

I managed to create a NSView subclass classes at runtime and
override methods (that involved instance variables for the this
pointer).

However a painful thing is for those function returning NSPoint.
Some guidance would be welcome!