mime - library for parsing shared MIME database

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 15 20:56:35 PDT 2015

On 16/08/2015 6:30 a.m., FreeSlave wrote:
> Currently I'm working on mime library for D. Dub page:
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/mime
> It can parse MIME database files, including binary ones, like
> mime.cache. It also has algorithms for mime type detecting by file name.
>
> It's not fully implemented yet and does not have stable API. Issues and
> goals are listed on the github page: https://github.com/MyLittleRobo/mime
>
> If someone is interested in the project, I would be glad to discuss
> interface and implementation details of the library.
>
> If you don't know what is shared MIME database and why does it matter
> read this:
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/shared-mime-info-spec-latest.html#idm140625831778224

I had an mime implementation in Cmsed that basically was a hard coded
file with a whole bunch of mime types along with file extensions.

I would be interested in seeing if this can match it 1:1 for features,
while not allocating. Say give me the mime type for payload.

Possibly with its own override/addition csv files.