∅MQD messaging library v1.0 released

Lars T. Kyllingstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 16 02:22:26 PDT 2015

I am happy to announce the (somewhat overdue) release of ∅MQD
v1.0!

∅MQD is a D library that wraps the low-level C API of the ∅MQ
(aka. ZeroMQ) messaging framework.  It is a rather thin wrapper
that maps closely to the C API, while providing modern D features
that make the framework safer, easier and more pleasant to use.
(In other words, ∅MQD is not just a plain C binding(*)!)

Code:         https://github.com/kyllingstad/zmqd
Dub package:  http://code.dlang.org/packages/zmqd
API docs:     https://kyllingstad.github.io/zmqd/zmqd_v1.0.html

This version works with ∅MQ v4.x, and has 100% support for all
∅MQ v4.0 functionality.  A few small ∅MQ 4.1 features are
missing, but support for those will be added in an upcoming 1.1
release in the not-too-distant future.

Before use, please have a look at the README, specifically the
section "A word of caution about the C library bindings".  The
∅MQ guys have introduced some ABI incompatibilities in recent
versions, so it it important that the D-to-C bindings match the
library version you have installed.

-Lars

(*) If plain C bindings are what you want, check out
Deimos/ZeroMQ:

     https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ZeroMQ
     http://code.dlang.org/packages/zeromq

∅MQD depends on these bindings, so I try to keep them up to date
with stable ∅MQ releases.