DerelictSteamworks

extrawurst via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 18 01:47:25 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

during my development of a little game engine in my spare time
with D I created a couple of libs and wanted to announce one of
them that I find particularly useful.

A Dynamic binding for the Steam API:

dub: http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-steamworks
github: https://github.com/Extrawurst/DerelictSteamworks

I can finally announce this as the latest sdk release (1.34)
includes a flat c-api by default that these bindings use.

There is a demo app in it that shows how to use especially the
callback system (the only tricky part) and is my proof of concept.

BUT: The SDK is huge and I know that not every callback is
supported yet since that is not strictly typed and you may need
to add those based on the documentation when you stumble upon one
not present yet.

In any case let's create the first platform independent game
written in D on Steam!!!!

Cheers,
Stephan