Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 24 21:04:18 PDT 2015

> Hello everyone,
>

> Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D language and
> foundation, I have recently made the difficult decision to part ways
> with Facebook, my employer of five years and nine months.
>
> Facebook has impacted my career and life very positively, and I am
> grateful to have been a part of it for this long. The time has come for
> me, however, to fully focus on pushing D forward. As sorry I am for
> leaving a good and secure career behind, I am excited many times over
> about the great challenges and opportunities going forward.

Oh well, I hope we have somebody else on the inside :/
But I do appreciate that sacrifice.

> Next step with the D Language Foundation is a formal talk with the
> foundation's prospective attorney tomorrow. I hope to get the foundation
> in motion as soon as possible, though I'm told there are numerous steps
> to complete. I will keep this forum posted about progress.
>
> I'm also glad to announce that the D Language Foundation already has a
> donor - I have decided to contribute my books' royalties to it. I
> encourage others to respond in kind.

I would love to do the same. But I need the money currently.
If you get leanpub to accept the foundation as a charity once it is
setup, I'll do a split share :)