Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

Muahmmad Adel via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 25 00:49:12 PDT 2015

As far as I know, your title at Facebook was "D evangelist".
When I knew that you moved to Facebook with this title, at first
I thought that Facebook was willing to push D forward, with the
company's resources and its previous contributions to technology,
I thought this would be a similar but a more larger step.

So now I am curious to know details about how you see your work
at Facebook conflicting with the way you want to push D forward.
For example, Is the company only willing to support D to a
limited level? Doesn't the language fulfil the company's
technical needs? Do you have conflicting visions towards how
things should proceed?

I know this is a question that you cannot give a totally
politically correct answer to, but some details would be
informative about your vision and / or the company.