Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 25 10:30:23 PDT 2015

On 24-Aug-2015 21:42, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D language and
> foundation, I have recently made the difficult decision to part ways
> with Facebook, my employer of five years and nine months.
>
> Facebook has impacted my career and life very positively, and I am
> grateful to have been a part of it for this long. The time has come for
> me, however, to fully focus on pushing D forward. As sorry I am for
> leaving a good and secure career behind, I am excited many times over
> about the great challenges and opportunities going forward.

Thank you for making this tough choice for all of us. Combined with the
recent DDMD announcement this weeks turns out to be a huge milestone for
the D community.

It's sure getting only more exciting in the D world from now on.

--
Dmitry Olshansky