associative arrays with manual memory management

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 26 07:21:39 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 at 12:10:17 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> highlights
>
> It would be nice to also see an example at
> https://github.com/arexeu/aammm
>
> that shows AA-usage in conjunction with some other allocator
> such as FreeList and add a note about the performance
> improvement this gives.
>
> In that case, would it be possible to have factory functions
> for AA that automatically derives allocator parameters from key
> and value type for specific allocators?
>
> What do you say?

It is possible but not so useful, thought.
`AA!(...).Entry.sizeof` and `AA!(...).Entry.alignof` should be
accessible from user code since v0.0.3 . They can be used to
construct allocators. I will add example with FreeList.