Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 27 06:16:31 PDT 2015

On Monday, August 24, 2015 18:42:59 Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D
> language and foundation, I have recently made the difficult
> decision to part ways with Facebook, my employer of five years
> and nine months.
>
> Facebook has impacted my career and life very positively, and I
> am grateful to have been a part of it for this long. The time has
> come for me, however, to fully focus on pushing D forward. As
> sorry I am for leaving a good and secure career behind, I am
> excited many times over about the great challenges and
> opportunities going forward.
>
> Next step with the D Language Foundation is a formal talk with
> the foundation's prospective attorney tomorrow. I hope to get the
> foundation in motion as soon as possible, though I'm told there
> are numerous steps to complete. I will keep this forum posted
> about progress.
>
> I'm also glad to announce that the D Language Foundation already
> has a donor - I have decided to contribute my books' royalties to
> it. I encourage others to respond in kind.

Wow. Sounds financially risky on your part, but if you can afford to do
this, then it'll be great for the D community at large. The more resources
we can have focused on D, the better.

- Jonathan M Davis