Functional Programming with D

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 28 05:42:30 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-08-28 at 06:45 +0000, Kingsley via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:

[…]
> This is excellent information on functional programming with D. I
> would love to see a lot more information in this area - perhaps a
> much longer article covering in more detail - and also covering
> what is missing - e.g. does D have a for comprehension, Option,
> Either etc

"For comprehensions" are (more less) just ways of doing lazy sequence
comprehensions in Scala, Clojure, etc. I think I prefer comprehensions in
the Miranda, Haskell, Python, etc. style: generator expression are handled
with constructs that do not resemble explicit iteration for loops. Less to
create confusion.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip:
russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road   m:+44 7770 465 077   xmpp:russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK  w: www.russel.org.uk skype:russel_winder