"Programming in D" paper book is available for purchase

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 28 11:15:58 PDT 2015

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Product-Pricing-Information/Binding-options-and-their-page-counts/ta-p/33673

 > Additionally, according to my research at the time, CreateSpace was the
 > one of the ones that would give me the most royalty.
 >
 > I eliminated other companies for other reasons e.g. because they would
 > not take pdf, which my build system happens to produce for historical
 > reasons.

I've just realized that going with CreateSpace (Amazon owns it) makes
the book virtually impossible to appear on book shelves. This is both
because the booksellers make less money and more importantly, because
books obtained from CreateSpace are non-returnable. I've just received
the following quote from the buyer of an independent book seller:

   "It is our company policy not to carry stock for titles that
    Amazon has published as they are our competitors and we do not
    agree with their business practices."

Luckily, it seems to be possible to publish the book at Ingram as well:

http://bookmarketingtools.com/blog/benefit-of-self-publishing-with-createspace-and-ingram-spark/

I will try that route.

Ali