Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

w0rp via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 29 13:20:47 PDT 2015

I'm a bit late to reply to this announcement, but I would like to
say that I am quite surprised by it. I really respect your
decision to leave what must have been a very lucrative job to
double down on D.

I have loved D since I picked it up years ago, and TDPL was my
first real introduction to the language. You have really done a
lot to contribute to a great language, and you are one of the
software professionals I most respect. I'm looking forward to
seeing what you can accomplish as a full time D overlord in the
future.