Article: More hidden treasure in the D standard library

wobbles via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 31 11:39:21 PDT 2015

On Monday, 31 August 2015 at 16:09:02 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> I've written a new article on D here:
>
> http://nomad.so/2015/08/more-hidden-treasure-in-the-d-standard-library/
>
> Hopefully to drive other programmers to investigate D. It's a
> continuation of a similar one I wrote a few months ago which
> attracted over 60k readers. It's a simple overview of some cool
> features in the D standard library hopefully to fuel curiosity.
>
> Reddit link:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3j3j87/more_hidden_treasure_in_the_d_standard_library/
>
> Up vote away. :)

Nice article. I regularly find things like this where I spend a
couple hours implementing a solution, only to find its already
been done for me. Mostly occurs in std.algorithm.

And it's not even lack of documentation, it's me thinking "this
will never be in the library, time to go do it myself". That
predSwitch code is a perfect example.