Dynamic arrays

qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 31 14:37:51 PDT 2015

On Monday, 31 August 2015 at 21:09:02 UTC, Minas Mina wrote:
> I have started a series of tutorials in D.
>
> This is my latest blog post, which is about dynamic arrays:
> http://minas-mina.com/2015/08/31/dynamic-arrays/
>
> Constructive criticism is welcome.

Minor error with strings. It is "immutable(char)[]" instead of
"immutable(char[])".

Since this tutorial builds on your static array tutorial, you
could take a quick detour for "capacity". Actually, ptr is not of
type *T, but a static array of Ts. The capacity of the dynamic
array is the length of the static array it contains. On the other
hand, it might be too confusing...

Another thing is appending like a ~= 'x'. The tricky thing is
that slices behave different than dynamic arrays here. Hm, also
seems to advanced for such a basic tutorial.